Fuel pump not getting power to it

Asked by Jan 16, 2014 at 05:28 PM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo

I cant find the relay for the fuel pump, i checked the fuel pump, it is good, used a test light
on the wires going to the fuel pump, and no power getting to it, any ideas ?

18,475

You have both a fuel pump relay and a module in this vehicle to be concerned with... the relay powers the module, and the module passing current and ground to the pump. The fuel pump relay is mounted in the passenger side foot well area, behind the carpet of the center console just below the radio area.... it is attached to the MFI relay as a paired unit. The relay module is located on exactly the opposite location, in the driver side of the console, again below the radio area mounted behind the carpet. My concern at this point would not be so much about the fuel pump not coming on, but that you are not getting injector pulse either. The fuel pump will only power up if RPM signal is detected in the PCM. Similarly, if there is no RPM signal, your injectors will not fire either. If the fuel pump relay is bad, you will still get injector fire (just nothing will come out); same goes for the module. I would be focusing on your MFI relay (attached to side of fuel pump relay), the associated fuses, and making sure your crank sensor is working. If the crank sensor goes out, you will have no spark, no fuel, and no injector pulse. Similarly if key power lines are down to the PCM (via fuse or MFI relay failure), there will be no reference voltages, and therefor no spark, no injector fire

105,985

Tuff is correct. Did you check for voltage at the pump while someone was trying to crank the car? If engine is not turning over you will not get any power to the fuel pump.

105,985

These pumps do not prime when the key is just turn to the run position. Pump only comes on if engine is turning over.

165

Sounds like ur mpi relay went out that relay is underneath ur radio bolt to the frame of the console I forgot the number on it but is gold pull the passenger side panel off u should see the two bolts that keep it there on the frame

10

he was right

30

I have a 1995 mercedes s320 replaced fuel pump relay, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator and injectors are cleaned has Premium gas half tank fuel pump is not working before I replaced the relay and still doesn't work no sound engine tries to turn over used starter fluid runs then dies any help is appreciated

30

When replacing the fuel filter I tore the fuel hose slightly on accident went got seal tape for gasoline hose and went tape every thing hose claps and the positive and negative turminal on fuel pump wanted to play safe ran for a few minutes then when I reved the engine it sounded funny rev wasn't normal I tried adjusting the throttle cable helped a little bit went and parked it in front of my house turned it off and turned the key won't start went removed the black tape over the positive and negative terminal on the fuel pump I heard the pump turn on started and turned off the engine and started again won't start no sound to fuel pump engine tries to turn over any help

20

Pump .no TT working

20

I got a caprice classic installed new fuel pump ......and I can't get any fire from it.....1996 caprice

130

I have a 2009 mistsubishi eclipse gt,no power to fuel pump,pumpworks,relay good,don,t know where module could be,what else could be the problem

10