why wont my 3000gt start

10

Asked by Mar 05, 2015 at 12:56 PM about the 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

what's the car gets warmed up turn it off
and it wont start back

40,015

Does it have coil packs or distributor with wires?

Best Answer
10

Distributor

40,015

Okay, I've had a couple of my Toyota vehicles with the same issue. Starts great, drive it someplace, shut if off, come back in 5 mins, then nothing, not even a click. In my case it was the two pickups in the bottom of the distributor. I can't say for sure this is your problem. Do you have any check engine lights?

10

no check engine lights the engine turns over but it wont start it just grinds and grinds then eventually it starts I'm frustrated I changed computer no good distributor Camp rotary button oxygen sensors timing chain fuel pumpgas filters nothing seems to work help please

40,015

Okay, if it's making a grind sound, that's the starter not engaging all the way out. it's grinding against the fly wheel. I take it the starter is original?

40,015

Can you smell gas under the hood after it cranks but won't fire?

10

no you can't smell gas under the hood but you can spend it in the exhaust after it starts

40,015

When it was running, did it have full power or feel doggy?

10

no I mean it turns overit just won't start its like it has no gas but when it does start it smells like its burning rich too much gas something not letting it its like its not getting any spark

40,015

I think I may know the problem. Try replacing your Engine Coolant Temp sensor. Something is telling your cars computer that the engine is cold when in fact it's hot. That's why it starts fine when cold, but dies when hot. The computer dumps more fuel to the engine when cold. This is why you smell gas. It is dumping too much fuel causing an overly rich mixture. Replace that an post back with results.