My 98 Mitsubishi leaks water but works fine and the problome is I fill it up with water and it starts to leak can it have something to do with the water pump also i havent move or drove it for 3 month

Asked by Jun 09, 2015 at 02:57 PM about the 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

41,185

It all depends where the leak is. You will have to isolate the leak. Could be a number of things. Hopefully, it's just a bad hose. If you live in a state that has road salt, I would be checking the radiator first. If the leak is coming from the engine block area where your belts are, it's most likely a water pump or thermostat housing leak.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Ok It is leaking close to the engine block where the belts are so I could be the water pump hey man thanks a lot is it bad not moveing the car..

41,185

It's never a good idea not to drive a car for any length of time. I would replace the water pump and start driving it again. Rotors tend to rust up and battery will go dead after a while. Not to mention mice love to get in there and start making nests every place possible. Pull you air filter and check underneath the filter itself. That's one place they love to crawl into.

Ok thanks for your help and time to replace my water pump haha OK man again thanks alot