After I drive my 1999 Galant and I park and turn my car off, it won't start again for a while. What could be the problem?

5

Asked by Apr 07, 2017 at 12:41 AM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Galant DE

7,305

You need to test for spark , then fuel pressure , give it some starting fluid and see if it fires then you'll know it's a fuel problem . The injector(s) need to be checked to see if they're firing also . Intermittent problems are a PITA and must be tested when they occur . Do you smell fuel when you crank it and it does not start ?

Best Answer Mark helpful
5

I smell fuel some time's. See I let a friend of a friend change my fuel pump a while back, every since then I've had nothing but trouble.

7,305

So in the morning you expect it will start ? Turn the key to "on" , don't start it , listen for the fuel pump to charge the system , it's a small electric motor , it should run for 5 seconds and stop , let us know what happens ,if it doesn't start check for spark , now that you said you're not happy about the work someone did it could be any number of things , it has to be tested , there is no crystal ball ..

5

So my kids and I went to the store. We shopped for about 30mins, then as I try to start the car it starts for about 20 seconds or so then turns off. I tried starting it 4 time's then finally it starts, but I had to keep one foot on the gas pedal and I put it in N til I put everything inside. Then I had to drive the same way even had to put it in N when I stopped or it would have turned off.