How much can i sell my eclipse that needs new engine?

Asked by Dec 03, 2015 at 04:43 PM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Engine has a blown rod.  But car is in geat
condition.

23,245

Not much, if you can get it fixed and running, it would be better.

785

U will prob only get scrap price for it if u don't want to fix it and u want to get the most money out of it part it out sell it one piece at a time

23,245

If it's not worth fixing, donate it and take a tax deduction. Selling it off piece by piece is a lot of work and headache if you have disgruntled clients.

785

That's the beauty of "AS IS" and being that car has a blown engine the tax deduction won't be all that much. Sell it as whole for parts or fix Craigslist works very well or sell it piece by piece its an eclipse and the demand for parts is high just because it threw a rod there are still good engine parts if the body is not full of rust and is not banged up then u can sell the body parts, once u have all the salvaged parts sold u can then scrap the carcas thus making more money than selling it as a whole or even the 250-500 tax deduction if u go this route which I have done many times in the past u could easily make 1200 if not more from the dead car

785

Just because I don't have a high rep on this site does not mean that I don't know what I am talking about Markw1952

113,615

8630064X4FORD Mark happens to a really nice person and has contributed a lot of information to this site. We all have different opinions, we may not all agree with each other all the time. But we do respect each other...I think you owe mark an apapology...

785

An apology for what? I did not say anything out of line nor was I putting him down I simply said that because I don't have a high rep rating it does not mean I don't know what I'm talking about that's it nothing more nothing less so before you go popping off about an apology u need to read what I said and understand what I said I don't owe anyone an apology I said nothing wrong thank you and have a nice day

113,615

It seemed like to me and Im not so called popping off on anyone. My point was we are here to help each other and repect each other...I read most of your anwers on this site and you seem knowledgeable about cars and we like to have more people like you to contribute...have a nice day....

86,425

I doubt you could get much over $500 for it. You can always ask more and come down.

55,415

Damn, I guess I missed it. Did Mark open his big mouth again and then delete his post? Pay no attention to him. Back on topic....part the car out if you have the time and the room. You will get more for it than selling it for scrap. Donating a non- running car will do very little for you and likely it will be hard to find someone to donate it to that meets IRS guidelines.

785

That's exactly what I was saying and yes he did delete his post oh well