1999 Eclipse GS - Engine fuse blowing

Asked by Jul 02, 2010 at 09:14 AM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Help, please!
I have a 1999 Eclipse GS 4 cylinder with 110,000 miles. Last night the engine quite and I found that there is a 30A fuse that says motor that was blown. I replaced the fuse the car started and ran fine and then it blow out again. Does anyone know what would be causing the fuse to blow?

Thanks, Mike

25

it may be ecu is bad

105

You got a shorted circuit, check wiring for that circuit. Usually that info isn't given out. You may need an Haynes Manual to look up the wiring schmatics and find out what is hooked up into that 30A fuse.

10

im having the same problem, i was driving down the highway and the car shut off, i checked the fuses and blew a 30 amp engine fuse, i replaced it with my power window fuse and started right up, went like a mile further and did it again, so i replaced it again and it blew the fuse right away soons i turned the key to on position, if you found your the solution, can you help me out, Thanks, James

55

check all your grounds could have one loose thats causing you to be short out. check all of your engine grounds which fuse is it for sure? find a manual like was previously stated to track down the problem for sure your going to have to check every connection thats connected to that fuse.