Galant 2001 starting problems? Just cant seem to start it up!

150

Asked by Dec 19, 2013 at 03:28 PM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES

I have a 2001 mitsubishi galant es. I'm
having this problem with my car. A few days
back I went to town to buy a few things and
when I was going back home my car just
turned off like nothing happened and it wont
turn on for nothing. The starter seems to be
working but it won't fully turn on. I though it
was the time belt but it did not make any
noise or hard pull and there was no oil on
the floor, so I got it checked out and it is still
intact when I got home. Also another
question is if my smart key is not working
that could have turned of my car? Can
someone give me a hint of what this should
be?

Bad chassis ground...follow the black battery 1/0 cable to where it bolts onto the chassis/ground...wirebrush both the lug (holdin' it with a pliers) and the chassis till you see metal~ bolt them together...now the starter motor can have the thirsty 300 amps that it needs~

....also a NEW batteries as the new tin/antimony car batteries will last but five years before they do not recharge easily and the alternator workin' overtime to charge up a battery that ain't takin' a charge~

150

I have to check the wire thing. Thanks! But all of this happened when I was driving up a small hill. My car just turned off lighting up most of the light signals in my dashboard like the battery, break, srs, ect. Could it be a fuse or should I try out you suggestions and give it a try first?

150

Found out it was the camshaft sensor that was busted hehe now it is running perfectly!

80

Good day all..I am also having the same issue with Mits Gal 01..Car will start but sputs for a few sec then shuts off. We've changed the timing belt, camshaft sensor, o2sensors, crankshaft sensor, fuel pump and turned up the throttle piece. The car still keeps doing the same thing. The odd part about all this is that we plugged in the DX machine which showed a 340code (camshaft sensor), which was replaced and still no luck. I really think its something simple but it's soo frustrating!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Please HELP!

20

Did u ever find the problem bc i have a 2001 galant es too and now im haveing the same problem vhanged my crankshaft sensor my sparkplugs wires coils fuel pump ignition switch i dnt want to buy the cam shaft sensor and it dnt do nothing wasteing money on every possiblity but get no where please if u figured it out let me no

80

Unfortunately we did not find out what'style causing the problem. The car starts and will stay on between 10-30min and just shutso off. We spent so much money changing parts and yet nothing. The car is just sitting in our garage because we refuse to junk it. The motor and transmission runs great.