I have a 2001 eclipes 2.4 5speed tramission , i keep messing up my tranny I put a new tranny because the old one was leaking oil do to a gear bearing wen out and now I got a new clutch kit and the new start to leak oil I remove it my new clutch was out and the tanny is leaking oil do to a gear bearing . What is wrong with the car ??

100

Asked by Jul 15, 2013 at 04:37 AM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Are you sure it's transmission fluid leaking? Not the rear main on the engine?

100

Yes it's the transmission because the tranny shaft came is loose that means a broke a bearing . I know my transmission is mess up like that ?

100

I mean , I know my tanny it mess up but why is it getting mess up

did you look at the mounts for degridation of the butyl rubber, resulting in splittling, crumbling or missing altogether?

100

That rubber get mess up because shaft dances around wen bearings go out . I just don't know why it break the tranny shaft bearing ????

is there a pilot bearing for the main shaft...if overlooked this could lead to trouble~

100

Maybe Ur rite , I'm going to change the flywheel and see if it has a pilot bearing and change it to , I'll let u know if it work in the next week .

they should have given you a small bronze sleeve with your clutch kit--- hate to make you check if it is installed but by the look of things it was overlooked.....oooof~

100

No pilot bearing on this car going to try it with a new flywheel

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/cm-05048-hdb6-12.html? utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse pilot (where applicable)....how is it NOT going to be applicable? I don't get it.~

not ever have I seen one that did not have a little brass barrel...even bought a special MAC tool for hooking them out of there...quite certain that you've got one...even VW beetles have them~

100

It has a bushing but that good on it

you know that it's made from sintered bronze (with lubrication built-right-in) and unless you actually measured the I.D. of the thing could not be certain that it isn't too worn to start makin' with the harmful oscillations...you'd hear it would be like a baaaa of a sheep up in there~

100

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbprodu cts/WC/7161-01176591.html? utm_source=google&utm_medium= ff&utm_content=YN&utm_campaign =PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_ter m=2000- 2012+Mitsubishi+Eclipse+Pilot+Bus hing+Genuine+W0133- 1732884+00- 12+Mitsubishi+Pilot+Bushing+2010 +2011&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CLuJp J2gs7gCFQ9dQgodSxsAEA

100

That just like a guide for wen u put the clutch or the flywheel but that can't be the proble because it look ok and it not touching the tranny shaft but ill see if it's the flywheel but I just order it so it should be here in 1 week

parts geek link is too long....bust it down to just the essential parts...zoom in as far as you can and grab that URL instead~

it is in the end of the crankshaft...that's why you need a hook tool to extract it....cannot believe that your clutch kit did not include this thing~ the flywheel once machined flat will be okay...you don't need to replace it, just take it to a machine shop...they don't charge much for this~

while you've got it all taken apart you should do as my associate DavidH25 suggests and replace the main engine seal...they are only a couple of bucks and you only need a rawhide mallet to put them in~

I have never bought a clutch kit that did not include a plastic dummy shaft, (to center the disc during installation) a pilot bearing/bushing, throwout bearing, pressure plate and disc. That's why they call it a 'kit', and I must agree...you are already there at the rear main

There are three kinds of rear main seals. The one piece metal clad rubber is found on newer front wheel drive cars. Or your Eclipse may have this

100

It was my flywheel I guess it was making a vibration that cause my shaft bearing to break but it all good now, because I put a new flywheel .

100

And it's call a (input shaft seal ) that cause my tranny leak