The alarm keeps going off at random even if it is not armed. I replaced the battery in the remote but that didn't solve the problem.

Asked by Jan 18, 2015 at 08:26 AM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante 4 Dr LS Sedan

Try resetting the alarm by pulling the fuse and plug back in

Best Answer Mark helpful

I tried looking for in both fuse panels but none of them say "alarm" or "security". I disconnected the negative battery terminal for now. Would that reset it as well?

Disconnect the negative (black) battery terminal Insert the key into the ignition and turn the ignition On Reconnect the battery terminal This does not actually cancel the alarm, however it has been done to 'confuse' it off from the quick shot of current. We use this as a last resort as again it isn't a method of cancellation, it just happens to do it about 50% of time. 40% of the time no such luck and 10% of the time no luck and it can pop a fuse... another reason it is a last shot. If you are unable to cancel the alarm this way either, unfortunately you will want to get the car to a dealer (or independent familiar with Mitsubishi systems) for cancellation and evaluation of the system to see what is wrong (as well procure a new remote for future use).

Thank you for the advice. I will try it and keep you posted.

My 2002 Mitsubishi domani Ls alarm keeps randomly keeps going off what do I do!!!

On my 2001 Diamante, cycling the driver side door locks did it (using the key to lock and unlock the door until the alarm quit).