2002 Mitsubishi lancer oz rally

20

Asked by Sep 14, 2016 at 09:45 PM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally

My Car is manual while driving and giving
gas it stalls and hesitates. I push the gas
all the way down and it feels like no gas it's
passing by, but im no mechanic. Just a
female that loves her car trying to get
some help. Could it be the gas pressure
regulator? Any help please

7,385

Check gas pressure but it may be the catalytic converter plugged up. Are u getting any check engine codes

20

No engine lights. I change egr valve, egr soneloid sensor, gas pump, and even the fuel pressure regulator. I'm going crazy, don't know what else to change.

20

My car only stalls while driving. If I push gas to get speed thats when it hesitates and looses power but it doesn't shuts off. But then then it gets back to normal and them dies it again. I'm so sorry i'm just trying to explain the best way possible

20

And also change catalytic converter

7,385

Don't replace everything by guessing. When we suggest to check doen't mean to replace it. Check the timing belt tention or with a timing lamp. What size engine do u have 3.0?

20

2.0 engine One thing I forgot to mention is when I changed the fuel pressure regulator the car drove perfectly for two days, Third day it started to have the same problem

7,385

Well, that's what u should check. The way to findout is to connect the pressure gauge ti it and run it and see what the pressure is, if pressure drops below 30 psi, pinch the return hose after regulator and if pressure raises, it's the regulator, if no pressure either way, then it's ur fuel supply, fuel, relay, pump or inertia switch if it has one

30

Fuel pump is going out. On my car it did this exact same thing randomly for a few months (sometimes for just 5 min, 2 min, 15min) and it seemed unpredictable. It would be fine for a couple weeks, then act up. (ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE WAS LESS THAN 1/4 TANK OF FUEL). Then one day, at the gas station, it wouldn't start, as if it were out of fuel. Someone showed me the trick of banging on the bottom of the fuel tank with a hammer at the same time you turn the ignition. Its a temp jimmy rig fix that will only last a day or 2 so you can get the car back home safely. But yes indeed it was certainly the fuel pump. Never had a problem like it again. Since ur post was over 5 months ago, uve probably resolved the problem by now.

30

Sounds just like when my Fuel pump died. On my car it did this exact same thing you described randomly for a few months (sometimes for just 5 min, 2 min, 15min at a time) and it seemed unpredictable. It would be fine for a couple weeks, then act up. But it happened more often as time went on and ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE WAS LESS THAN 1/4 TANK OF FUEL. Then one day, at the gas station, it wouldn't start anymore, as if it were out of fuel. Someone showed me the trick of banging on the bottom of the fuel tank with a hammer like 3-4 times at the same time you turn the ignition. It got it started! Its a temp jimmy rig fix that will only last a day or so, enough time to get the car back home safely. But yes indeed it was certainly the fuel pump that needed to be replaced; after which, I never had a problem like it again. Since ur post was over 5 months ago tho, uve probably resolved the problem by now.