HELP My Car won't start

Asked by Jun 02, 2013 at 11:57 PM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Galant DE

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi galant and a couple of years ago I became really ill and was hospitalized so my car has sat there and I couldn't drive. It's been sitting there ever since and it won't start. I have tried a brand new battery and it still won't run. I need a new heater core and I know that is not the problem. Could it be the fuel pump or something else? I really want to get it fixed because it will be cheaper than getting another car.

let's break it down....air, fuel, spark, timing, valve timing.....heater core would not cause this one to not start..okay...we've got air (air filter in place) fuel? if you turn the key to the 'on' position can you hear the fuel pump start circulating the fuel through the fuel rail? Ignition, are you getting a spark?...is there voltage to the coil packs? timing is set by your computer, which depends on your crank angle sensor...barring a catastrophic failure we will not question valve/crank timing....you got oil? is the coolant reservoir filled to the "full cold" mark?....let's get started.~

6,145

hope you drain that gas before trying to run it on it ,,, 2 year bad gas can cause alotta problems,, drain and refill it then try to start it

10

Due to the years on the vehicle and the complexity of the system, please get a scan tool to read the computer before you drain the battery down to zero and the stored fault codes are erased. These engines are notorious with a sooted up throttle body, bad throttle position sensor, and the idle air (also on the throttle body.) They also commonly have bad ignition coils and distributors. If you can read fault codes, you are way ahead of the diagnosis puzzle. If not, your problems may quickly overcome you. If a scan tool cannot establish a a link to the your computer, then the PCM (computer) is bad and you'll need to get a new one before you proceed further. If the computer is bad and you aren't mechanically inclined... get rid of the car!

10

My 2002 Mitsubishi Galant started idling at a stop then stalled out. Then the service engine soon came on I got the car home but stalled out a couple more times before that. Then went to start the car a couple hours later and as soon as I backed it up it stalled out again now it won't start but all lights are on.

Hey I have 2009 Mitsubishi galant everything come on but it want start