My car will crank but won't move when you put it in gear and I don't know what to do nor do I know much it's going to cost me.....really trying to go cheapest route

20

Asked by Mar 13, 2015 at 05:22 AM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante 4 Dr LS Sedan

My car is a 2002 Mitsubishi diamante
ls

20

I really don't have an answer for this the car hasn't given me any problems till Now.....the car has fluids in it so I'm lost.... Just hoping the transmission didn't go out and I have to buy a new one

20

I need answers not giving any

20

I had the same problem. But my car would go if it was cold once it warmed up wouldn't go. Just revved up. Was told I needed to have the trans rebuilt so I did. Still have the same problem. Did the plugs, wires, egr valve, coil pack and nothing. Now I'm being told mass air flow sensor. Mines not throwing any codes. Hopefully you have better luck then I did.

20

Look at your trans fluid if it's burnt, it's the trans

ours is doing the same wen its warm up it doesn't mover what we are thinking it could be is there is cep in the trans cause when it cold it doesn't pick the crud its in it it only will pick up the crud up when its up to temperature so we are ting we need a to clean/or new filter on it then hopefully it works

*crap not cep and *thinking not ting

20

My 2001 is doing the same thing last diagnosis said I needed a oxygen. Senser. Was still driving my car until I could afford to purchase. The O2 sensor. When one day I was going down the high way on cruise control. Until o Hurd the engine like it was stuck in gear so I pulled off the road to find out that my car wouldn't move it would crank just fine and the gears would move I can even fill them shifting but car want move a notch..shoot somebody PLEASE GIVE US HOPE...THAT WE DONT NEED A TRANSMISSION

i had the same problem with my Lebaron. revving and not moving and i was driving all of a sudden it downshifted and then it stopped moving all together i changed the fluid and trans filter and that sucker ran like new for 4 more years