My car won't start what does it seem to be?

80

Asked by Aug 28, 2015 at 09:16 PM about the 2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES

I have a 04 Mitsubishi galant it started
fine earlier but then I went to start It
again a while after and It sounded like
It was about to but it didn't I know for
sure it isn't my starter Cus I hear the
clicking and it sounds like the fuel
pump turns on but not too sure my
battery and alternator or both New
just put them in about a 5 days ago
along with New spark plugs and drive
belt Wat could it be?

270

When you say it won't start, do you mean it doesn't crank or it cranks but won't start?

80

It cranks but won't start

270

When it cranks does it sound normal? Or does the engine sound like its spinning faster than normal? Does it sound like Rrrr Rrrrr Rrrr Or more like Rrrrrrrrrrr? I know hard to spell out noises. My point is, if it spins faster than normal, could be a timing belt, I've seen them break when you shut the car off or when you start it up. If it cranks normal, we'll have to look at other possibilities CarsInc

80

It sounds like Rrrr Rrrrr Rrrr I tried stepping on the gas wen I start It and It will almost start but still wont start

270

If I were diagnosing it, I would take and spray some carb cleaner in the throttle body or in thru a vacuum line in the intake plenum then put the air tube back on if removed to spray carb clean then try to start. If it starts then you have a fuel delivery issue. If not, you may not have spark. Lemme know

80

Alright I'll do that thanks man appreciate it

20

Did the carb cleaner idea wotk? I'm having similar problem with my 2001 gallant but I started it to warm up and when I went back out 15 minutes later it had stopped and won't restart

50

Cars inc. Do u have a number ? Im having the same issue but i have a 2001 Mitsubishi galant .

70

I'm have the same problem with my 2009 galant 2.4liter I ran it parked it and then will not crack checked the fuel pump but it's good gas comes out but it starts but won't crank up so I'm thinking maybe coilpacks if anybody can help me that would be great

10

I have a 2010 with a full tank of gas and it wont start but cranks. Sounds right . There is a check engine light on but I don't know if Its just coming on when I try to start it and lights up when all the other lights do or if its on. A few months back it wouldn't start all the sudden for me. My husband got irritated and went and made it start and it blew a ton of black fumes out the back end. I'm guessing that the problem now is some of the same. Probably needs a tune up and fluids checked and a diagnosis done to determine what is wrong with it

Check your wires.mines was doing the same thing.it was my wires

40

Just bought a 2003 for my daughter, from close family friends. Worked great for two weeks. She was out late last night, stopped for gas, when she went to leave it wouldn't start, they tried to jump it etc. Ended up having it towed.... battery is one year old. Tried to jump it again with my truck that has a brand new battery, wont turn over at all. Doors ding, dash lights up, but when I turn key to start, nothing. nada.

I have a 2001 galant the starter drags when I try an start it but it will start after a jump. put another battery an it dragged which I ruled out the battery. ran a wire from the starter an tapped to the battery no problem started right up

can anybody help me with this problem please

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Galant it's hesitates to start does this mean I need a tune up

20

I have a 2012 Mitsubishi Galant....cranks normal but won’t start.

10

Crank sensor

2007 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 liter engine I change crank position sensor I've changed cam sensor and put on new timing belt engine rotate get gas no fire car crank but won't start

I can turn it over but it won't start

10

Im out here in the no where. My car just quit on me. No lights. Got a battery for it yesterday. It wont start. What do i do

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Galant. Car worked GREAT until last week when I came out of the grocery store and it just wouldn't start at all. starter and battery are fine, just had a new key made and programmed, replaced fuel pump and fuel pump relays...it cranks but there is no gas getting to the engine. What do I do?