My car sounds like a WRX STI ad not in a good way?

Asked by Mar 06, 2012 at 08:32 PM about the 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

I changed my spark plugs and wires. Later my car sounds like a WRX STI, has no peer, no torque, won't redline out
ad takes forever gettin up to speed, I changed my mass air flow sensor?! What is wrong with my car, someone
please help me!

ok couple things ,,,, first if you did your tune up (plugs & Wires ) and this problem accured after that ,,,Note:,,,BEFORE YOU CHANGED YOUR MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR),,,,then you made a simple mistake and put the wrong wire on the wrong spark plug in other words each wire where it was at originally has to go back on the area it was so wire to the distributor cap on its original area and the other end to its original spark plug were it was at. sounds like you just got the wires put in the wrong area ...

you don't avec a good plug and your car make miss fire or knok.. it's dangerous to broke your piston rod

i think you guys have good answers but im pretty sure he would know if it was a miss fire. im pretty sure one if not both cats are pluged and or the honey comb on the inside blew out. your O2 sensors are killing your power that would also explain yout sound as well i ran into this issue with my brothers 03 eclipse gt. its not uncommon for it to happen if i was you i would take the cats off examine the inside of them look at your o2 sensors aswell and see if they are carboned out. but if it is your cats i would strongly recomend that you go out and buy two highflow cats for it they can handle a lot more then standard cats and will last you alot longer and will make your car sound alot better then it started out when you bought it. and i would also suggest changing out your o2 sensors as well.

honey comb is MAF (Mass Air Flow) watch this if the ecu cant read this you can't have a good wideband (air/fuel ratio)

robweiser is correct. my 99 did this before i replaced the plugs and wires. i had a cracked wire that was arcking to another piece of metal. it doesnt feel like a miss but it most certainly sounded like a wrx. i thought the exact same thing. it actually sounded cool but power was horrible. check your wires to make sure they are correct