Mini Cooper 2002 - while driving all the dash lights came on and all the dials started fluctuating. Since then just the traction control light and cruise control light are on but odometer has COdE on the Display. I've checked all wiring thinking it could of been a loose or broken wire but no luck. Any help would be appreciated

10

Asked by Jul 18, 2013 at 06:05 AM about the 2002 MINI Cooper Base

Did you try a "global reset" by pulling the battery lead off for twenty seconds and replacing it...I know there is a way to access this through the little switch on the odometer...if a persistent condition would simple come back again...COdE (a paint code) naw, couldn't be~ still researching...Rome wasn't built in a day...details on COdE are sketchy, just downloaded the .pdf file what may explain all of the mysteries...hold on to your hat...this is a buggy ride~

...am getting exactly NOwhere finding reference to this...only reason is that since DavidH25 knows I own a MINI would make me an authority on them...like most puzzles access the data base of the world wide web...in this case have an assortment of .pdf files each with BMW info and some MINI...but this COdE sounds like a thirsty for data ECU....would reset and try to make it happen again there noting the cause and result...if this helps...your buddy, judge_roy...sorry I couldn't be of more help Chris...am tryin'~....at least--

NO doubt you've a new battery my MINI mechanic in Berkeley tells me that unless the Battery is fresh, you will have problems...perhaps this wicked problem is a result of insufficient source of power....just a thought there...I have them occasionally~

10

Had a new battery put on couple months back, tried all the reset tricks I know of but this has completely baffled me cause no where can I find anything on this problem.

4,625

You will need to pull fault codes so see exactly what caused this issue.

It has to do with the little button on the dash and the "on" position and the codes extracted...read the instruction manual~

I have had similar Odometer issue. (not in my favor) cause was a short in one of the cam sensors. this happen while on a road trip after a Jiffy- Lube did a oil change. I am currently reading 150,000 more then actual. Have no idea how to correct.

even the next service due counter is reading in extra digits.