Both rear windows do not function

Asked by Feb 07, 2015 at 01:39 PM about the 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible

Mini Cooper s 2005 convertible both rear windows do not function.. Top goes to sunroof
stops . There is no flashing red light but the next step would be for the rear windows to
roll down and top to go Down.. I just changed alternater all fuses.

Really??? No one has anthiny about this? I feel so alone. I have searched online all over can not believe that I can't find anything.. Replace battery alternator fuses...

Hi I have the same problem cant find a fix did youu find out what was wrong?

COOPER CONV 2007 NO DOWN REAR WINDOW

mini cooper 2007 convertible sidewalk

I'm having a similar issue, when trying to go full convertible. My rear windows struggle to get to the half way point when going into convertible mode. Even if I hit the button to manually put the rear windows down they go down about 4 inches then stop, or one window will go all the way down and the other side will drag itself down then stop. If I keep tapping the down arrow on the dash or "help" it by pushing the windows it continues to go down... eventually, but it appears that if I help it down the convertible sensor doesn't recognize it as going down and still wont continue opening all the way, it just unlatches and you can hear a motor in the back but nothing after that.I have checked the trunk and the panel is perfectly set with both triggers pushed in. I feel that when the roof is going into full convertible mode and all the windows have to go down the few inches when it disconnects, are supposed to be a fluid motion, so if any part doesn't work the roof will not go all the way back. It would be great if someone could tell me why the rear windows are dragging, could they be to wedged into the top to tight and therefore sticking to the roof weather stripping when trying to go down? I live in Florida sooo maybe the weather seal its going into is heated and sticking.