dealer advertised clean carfax but won't provide it now. are they obligated to?

Asked by Jul 02, 2014 at 11:06 PM about the 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible

dealer is refusing to give me a copy of the carfax. they advertised a "clean Carfax" and i
trusted that. i purchased the car and started having problems before even getting home. o
took it to my mechanic and they found that there is underbody damage along with some
other issues.  I asked dealer to give me a copy of the carfax now, but he refuses.

135

Get the Vin# and do it yourself, then deduct it's cost the dealer if you still want it...

24,035

forget the car fax- now you know that you bought a damaged car and they were lying to you- this is against the law, but some people go ahead and do dishonest things anyway- you can give them the chance to take the car back and give you your money back- if they refuse, throw your lawyer's card down on the desk and see if that changes their mind- be tough, because you are dealing with criminals- and you are not only fighting for yourself, but for all the other trusting people, past and future, that these sharks prey on-

285

Bringing trust into an auto dealer anywhere, let alone here in ScAmerica, is toting harmful baggage. I agree with Jamn above - if you're locked in, depending on location, U can start down the long lemon law road, but if not I'd squirm pretty hard to escape, esp if there's a non factory warranty for them to sqirm out of too. My 2 cars from the same used dealer, 1 with a perfect carfax, the 2nd with a promise which never materialized for good reason as I learned later it was e repo, taught me well.