Air intake part needed

Asked by Mar 13, 2014 at 07:54 PM about the 1991 Mercury Capri 2 Dr STD Convertible

Part replacement needed for the bellows in the air intake that attaches to the filter box.
Where can I obtain one?  It cracked.  I've checked via the part # on it but came up with nothing.  Am also considering alternate "work arounds".

I removed the bellows' component from the car. Then I extended the bellows and carefully wrapped "gorilla tape" into the convolutes of the bellows. This allowed the bellows to move relative to the engine and the chassis fixed airbox. I realize this is not a permanent repair but the air flow is normal and the car is running well. I'm willing to repeat the repair again in the future to keep it running/viable. P.S.Two Hundred Degree Fahrenheit Auto Duct Tape could also be used.

5

I fixed mine with Silicone Sealer and put it on quite thick several years ago and it is still working fine. You might also find a good one at www.moderncapriparts.biz The phone number is 610-350-9360 if you leave your number they WILL CALL YOU BACK.