how to access my 91 capi's fuel pump

Asked by Aug 17, 2012 at 09:38 PM about the 1991 Mercury Capri 2 Dr STD Convertible

my capri will start with ether but not on it's own i believe its the pump or filter. how do i access the fuel pump

1,365

You have to drop the fuel tank, then its accessible from the top.

60

remove the rear seat and the sender and pump have an access cover on the top of the tank which is on the drivers side BE CAREFUL of sparks and I would do this outside not in a building I saw a mustang burn up an Exxon station when the air compressor turned on while the mechanic was draining the gas on a lift and could not get the car out of the building what a sight to see

5

Take the bottom of the back seat out and you will see an access cover right there. It's not real easy but there are no bolts holding it in place.