Starter keeps spinning

Asked by Feb 05, 2010 at 07:16 PM about the 1991 Mercury Capri 2 Dr STD Convertible

I bought a 91 capri a few months ago. At the time I did not have the money to fix it up so I drove it home and parked it.

A few days ago I started working on it. Replaced the fuel pump, filter, strainer, and starter. Fired the car up and the starter did not stop spinning.

I started looking for a short and found the ignition switch was bad. I replaced that thinking it was not kicking the ignition back to shut down the starter. Started the car again and the started keeps spinning.  

So I am stuck would anyone happen to know what the problem could be. Any help is appreciated.

look at the starter and tell me what it looks like.