Car overheated now no start????

Asked by Sep 12, 2015 at 04:19 AM about the 1993 Mercury Topaz 4 Dr GS Sedan

I have a brain puzzler for ya. I was driving down the interstate the other day and all of a sudden it started overheating so I pulled over let it cool down and went to start it after a good 30min was completely cooled down and it sounded like it was out of time or no compression. So I had it towed home pulled her apart and found out the harmonic balancer was done. So I replaced that as well as the timing chain (while I was in there mise well) and I go to start and the same issue. I checked I have spark, I have fuel, and I have plenty of compression. coil is fine everything. just sounds like the bottom end is the only thing moving. I pulled the valve cover and all the rockers and everything where moving pulled the distributer cap off and the distributer itself is moving so the gears are fine on that. Oil and tranny fluid both look fine no shavings. Any ideas?? Start a new question...

83,015

Is your timing right????

37,955

Did you line up the timing marks on the gears before putting on chain or belt, what ever it is, on? Double checked it by rotating the engine 2 revolutions to make sure the marks lined back up? To ensure you not of a tooth or so...

It might be your cam shaft.