changed the brakes in my 93 topaz, but they still go almost to the floor when I apply the brakes.

Asked by Nov 17, 2014 at 01:18 PM about the 1993 Mercury Topaz 4 Dr GS Sedan

I replaced the caliper and ball bearing kit on the front passenger side, and master
cylinder, and bled the brake lines. all brand new brakes all the way around. Any idea why
they still go to the floor? Also when applying the emergency brake, it doesn't stop the car.

16,590

Are your rear shoes adjusted correctly? If not that very well could be your problem. Or you still have air in your lines somewhere.

82,835

You still have air in the system.