do you need to bleed fuel system

Asked by Sep 04, 2015 at 12:37 AM about the 1993 Mercury Capri 2 Dr XR2 Turbo Convertible

replace fuel filter won't stay running

35

You shouldn't need to bleed the fuel system. If you only changed the fuel filter. It may be another issue. Clogged fuel injecter, or fuel pump related. Because if the fuel pump isn't maintaining a consistent fuel pressure. It will Stahl and not run. There is also a relay for the fuel pump. I would check that also. It's like a fuse for the fuel pump and sending unit. If it is bad it won't work either. If it has a throttle body on top of the motor spray starter fluid into it. If the engine starts by doing that the fuel pump is bad. Hopefully this will help in resolving your issue.