CONVERTIBLE TOP STORAGE

Asked by Jun 20, 2009 at 05:37 PM about the 1993 Mercury Capri 2 Dr STD Convertible

MY HUSBAND AND I JUST PURCHASED A CAPRI THAT IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, HOWEVER IT DID NOT COME WITH AN OWNERS MANUAL. WE ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY GETTING THE MANUAL TOP TO GO ALL THE WAY INTO THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT. I KNOW WE MUST BE DOING SOME THING WRONG. ANY IDEAS?

45

ya need to push the top cloth back just so while holding the top partly up as u push it down into the compartment. i have to do the same with my '93 capri

THE MIDDLE BAR OVER YOUR HEAD STICKS, PULL IT FORWARD OR BACK AND THE TOP WILL DROP INTO THE BOOT.