valve cover torque specs

Asked by Jun 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM about the 1994 Mercury Topaz 4 Dr GS Sedan

what are the torque specs for the valve cover so i can properly replace the gasket?

95,275

Plastic or metal valve cover?

410

Try about 8-10 psi.

95,275

Psi? It is rated in ft. lbs or inch lbs. If they are plastic covers and use the silicone seal that fits into the groove of the valve cover there are small metal sleeves that are inside the retainer bolt holes that prevent over tightening the bolts, just make sure the sleeves aren't crushed or you run a risk of breaking the valve cover.

410

I stand corrected mr. Tennisshoes: ft. lbs not psi, thats for something else.