Mercury Villager won't start.

Asked by Dec 28, 2012 at 08:38 PM about the 1995 Mercury Villager 3 Dr GS Passenger Van

1995 Mercury Villager won't start. It will run fine for a while but then if I shut it off and go to turn it back
on it won't start. I get dash lights, radio, power windows/locks, headlights but NO crank whatsoever.  If I
let it sit for an hour or two and come back, it will start fine.

If I were you I would check your solenoid, cause on some fords if they get to warm they will not work until they cool down.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Could be the transmission is not shifted on Park properly. If the car is not on P won't start even if everything else on.

I tried taking it out of park and putting it back in. After that, it started right up. Thank you so much!

Battery to starter wire

Where is the starter solenoid located ?

I have a 97 villager. doing the same, stalling when cold, parts replaced, plugs,wires, rotor, cap,fuel pump,fuel filter, oil,oil filter, fuel pump safety cutoff relay. THEN, it ran for a short time ok. then shut off and will not start...first I thought it was the pump,the pump is ok. then on general maintenance principles replaced a whole bunch of other stuff. It still wont run because I didn't get the problem fixed.... I cannot find out why. I could use some advice....