why would my car start sputtering and lose power and then die and wont start back up

50

Asked by Jul 14, 2013 at 02:01 PM about the 1995 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr STD Sedan

210,755

Any number of issues. Is the check engine light on? Any more symptoms you can provide us?

50

yes check engine light is on,it sounds like it wants to start but won't.I just know I was driving about 65 then it started sputtering,lost power when i pressed the gas nothing,then i just died on the side of the road and it won't start?Any Ideas would help,thank you.