Heater doesn't work, how could I get it to work better?

Dhehnly19
40

Asked by Mar 21, 2013 at 01:32 PM about the 1995 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr STD Sedan

My heater in my '95 mercury tracer, it doesn't blow out at all on the panel but on the floor and defrost it does, and
there is no heat. Was wondering if anyone would know what the problem might be and how I might fix it? Thanks

suspect either coolant level is low, or the thermostat is gummed open- yes fill the coolant to the "full cold" mark -bout halfway.....put a new thermostat in. they're usually under ten bucks....comprendez?

73,725

My tracer that I had did not have a very good heater to begin with, then you add in some cooling system corrosion and bye bye heater, had to clean the cooling system and replace the heater core to get any heat out of it. As far as vents functioning you may have a blockage in the mode control.

87,025

You have two problems. One is no heat. Newer cars have coolant flow all the time through the heater core and there is a door that allows air to flow through or bypass the core to regulate the temperature. Some cars use a valve in the coolant hose to regulate the flow through the core. You may have a bypass door open, a valve shut shut or a clogged heater core. If you feel both hoses and they are warm, you have flow through the core. --- There are other vacuum operated doors in the HVAC box to direct heat to various locations. The vacuum hoses crack and leak. They would need to be replaced.

Could be Your Honor. Or, 1) the bezel again..it's not directing air where it should. I think it's vacuum operated in the 95 Mercury's, check for broken or loose vacuum lines under the dash, and 2) your heater core is plugged and needs a good flush, or the valve to it, also vacuum operated is not being opened to allow hot water in

I type slow. Good answer TS

think you meant to say coolant mix instead of water H, what are you tryin' to corrode us? mercury tracer? mercury leaves no trace as it circles the sun in 88 days!