My 1996 mercury villager won't crank up. I have replaced the ignition module and have tried jumping out off and it still won't crank up. Could it be my starter or my engine or what?

Asked by Aug 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM about the 1996 Mercury Villager 3 Dr GS Passenger Van

It has been sitting for two weeks. I
need help.

101,565

Could be starter relay, starter, check all the connections on the battery maybe loose or corroded. If you are getting nothing check to see if the timing belt has not broken...

66,125

Spray some starting fluid down the throttle body. It should run a few seconds on the starting fluid. If so, it's a fuel problem. If not it's an ignition (no spark) problem or it's jumped timing. To see if it's jumped timing, run a compression test. If all cylinders test low or zero it's jumped timing. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer