I have had to change my timing belt three times in less than four years on my 96 Mercury Tracer.

Asked by Oct 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM about the 1996 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr LTS Sedan

Why do I keep having to change my timing belt? I bought the car with 58,000 miles and now has 102,000. This is the third time I have had to replace the timing belt and second time I have replaced the water pump in less than four years.

10

Weird, I have 140k on mine & just changed both belt & pump around 130..... I'd take it back to the mechanic that installed the last one.