how 2 fix it missing on valves 2 and 3 suddenly

Asked by May 07, 2013 at 05:28 PM about the 1998 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr LS Sedan

changed plugs and coil pack but still missing on cylinders 2 and 3

28,845

How about the plug wires, how old are they?

pretty new took plugs out cylinders are firing at plugs. Do u know anything about capasator beside coil pack with a wire coming out of harness into coilpack, all I know is I unhooked it and it ran like crap, ran better when I hooked it back up but still missing also

28,845

do a compression test on all the cylinders and see if 2 and 3 have low compression.

I will do that tomorrow but if compression is low still on 2 and 3 I still wont know what to do next?

28,845

If compression is low you will need to take the valve cover off and see if you can see anything if not you will need to disassemble further

Best Answer Mark helpful