My car is overheating It is not the water pump I have put a new belt on because the belt was gone the thermastat has been changed

Asked by Dec 03, 2014 at 09:43 AM about the 1999 Mercury Villager 4 Dr Estate Passenger Van

5,735

I hadn't thought about it until the other day, but radiator caps do wear out and if they can't keep the system pressurized, your vehicle will overheat. Radiator caps are usually around $10. I had one fail on my car 40 years ago, just forgot about it even though I keep a new spare cap in the trunk of the travel car (among all the other parts.....)