Remove R Front Axle from Transmission

Asked by Mar 29, 2010 at 01:16 AM about the 1999 Mercury Tracer 4 Dr LS Sedan

I have the axle removed from the hub, but can't pull it out of the transmission. I got slide hammer and # 27058 crows foot attachment from Autozone  The crows foot is a little too thick to fit between the transmission and the inner cv joint. Is there any other crows foot that will work?

I tried prying with a crowbar before that to no avail. Is there anything else that can be removed to get better access?

25

dissasemble drive axle and just keep the head into transmission, then use puller hammer with 3 claws

You have done that? The 3 claw attachments I saw would not be able to grip onto the head as the side facing the transmission is curved. They looked like the ends of a 3 claw pulley puller w/ends too fat to get between the transmission and cv joint. Is there something else for them to grab onto after the shaft is disassembled? Can you send me a picture, part number or link of the 3 claw attachment? I got email notification about your reply, but there was no message.

I have the same issue will you help me