how to disable anti theft system on a murcury sable 1999

Asked by Mar 31, 2017 at 07:06 PM about the 1999 Mercury Sable GS Sedan FWD

i lost my keys I then out of anger broke mt ign. switch out now turn it on with
screw driver i didnt remember the anti theft system and need to disble it

67,835

What is a Murcury?

13,100

Your screwed dude and you didn't need the screwdriver the anti-theft is designed for anti theft (makes sense) the key has a "transponder" sort of a tiny transmitter that's matched to the ignition pickup ,,, the computer sends a pulse that has to match the key so u can't jump it out because the computer wants to sense an "ON" signal for a millisecond then it wants an off signal The older units used a resistor but it would take weeks to figure out what the value of the resistor was. Some people have modified remote starters to bypass but you habe to be an Edison to figure that out

hey man this is the truck of the month i went to work today my helper hands me my keys so. now i have to get a transponder correct?

13,100

Bad news dude ... you must go to the dealer and in my opinion that repair will cost more than the car's worth. Maybe someone else knows a fix ,,, however,, I'm a retired electrical engineer and know every nook and cranny regarding a car's computer controls ( I would be happy to learn something new if someone would share it) A longshot may be to find a wreck with a computer and keys . BTW the screwdriver probably didn't make the problem much worse because even if the car cranks it won't start ... ... good luck