My 1999 Mercury Cougar is spitting coolant from the overflow on the engine when started low coolant light stays on. Please help???

10

Asked by Aug 10, 2015 at 09:03 PM about the 1999 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

10

Changed coolant temp sensor. Had a code for it. Pulled thermostat & it was chalky white on one side.

18,530

Flush cooling system with Prestone Super Radiator Flush it will flush the whole cooling system.

10

K. Will try that! Thanks!!!

46,195

If coolant is coming out of the overflow while the engine is not overheated the coolant reservoir cap could be defective or combustion gasses could be entering the cooling system through a blown head gasket or cracked cylinder head. Have the cooling system pressure tested.

10

Thanks guys!!! Think I figured it out. There was a broken hose right up under where the thermostat housing is. That's where the water was pouring from. I had removed the thermostat yester. to check & it was dry on one side & the hose connected to it also. After further inspection of this overflow hose in the engine. Found out it was a broken hose!!!! Yayyy!!!

46,195

Good deal, we appreciate you posting the fix you were able to make. Also I am happy for you that it was not expensive.