is there a fuse that controls the hatchback on a 1999 cougar if so where is it located

Asked by Feb 18, 2015 at 12:06 AM about the 1999 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

20,150

I'm assuming you mean the hatchback release. Yes the fuse is in the interior fuse box.

Thank you now I hope I can find the fuse in question do you know which one it is

20,150

I did a little digging on your cougars hatch issues. I guess its a common problem that the hatch doesn't release or pop up high enough to not stay locked.

Now I can't lock my trunk not sure the fuse #

20,150

I looked for that too couldn't find it at all. Even downloaded the owner manuel and read all the fuse locations and what each protected. Couldn't fine it, sorry.

Thanks for all you have done I'll keep looking on my end

20,150

No problem. There are a few cougar only blog sites. www.newcougar.org is one of them.

40

Someone at Ford or Mercury thinks this is some kind of sick joke, and I'm sure they're getting a nice belly laugh off this ignorant shyt. Why would they not even MENTION the hatch fuse or relay in their manual? When I push the "hatch release" button INSIDE the car, it used to make a noticeably loud CLICK which signaled to you that the hatch was disengaged... now the switch is silent... This is not a case of the hatch not opening up high enough because of weak springs, this is a case of no electric to the hatch servo.

I have the same problem on my 1999 cougar-- hatch does not release when internal button pushed. Must open with key. Not clear which relay and/ or fuse controls this function!