2000 Sable wagon brake lights and turn signals work but no running lights.

Asked by Nov 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM about the 2000 Mercury Sable LS Wagon

Little by little. I'm losing most of the electronics. Keyless entry, electric locks, rear wiper,
rear defroster, power mirrors. Today hooked up a trailer and had no running lights and
had to,turn on headlights with the switch, auto lights did not work.

Have you checked your fuses?

....again, it's the MAIN ground...the Black battery cable has a clamp end, and a loop end...well you gotta wire brush the loop and the chassis 'till electrical contact to 300 cold cranking amps is assured...here and the 1/0 battery cable that attaches to the engine block too~ wirebrush ahoy~!

Jedidiah Rider

Look at the wiring around your hatch, black conduit protection hides issues with the wires in there. Have seen the light work funny all around because of a broke or bare wire in this loomed area. The wires get rubbed a lot with the hatch going up and down all the time. Kinda a bear to repair too, but once fixed, no more bad fuses or funny lights. If not the fix, Ford liked to put several com boxes everywhere, generally the one in the rear goes bad, works security and stuff, but it must communicate with the 5 other brains on the car. Hope it is in the hatch wiring for your sake.