My daughter has a 2000 Mercury Cougar and we are having problems with the breather hose pcv elbows. Where can we find either the whole hose with the elbows or just the elbows?

Asked by Oct 03, 2014 at 10:27 PM about the 2000 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

They only made that last gen cougar a few years. Parts are going to be getting harder to find. I'm sorry but it was not a very good car. You can try Napa, autozone ect. or a junkyard. Good luck.

Take a trip to your local dealer. they might be able to order it for you. I would suggest taking the parts (hoses and elbows) to a local auto parts store and piece it together using the right size hose and plastic elbows available off the shelf with the help of one of the techs.

I suggest on-line auto parts store such as Rock Auto or other by searching Ford auto parts. I had good service with Rock auto and others for my '97 Mercury Mountaineer. Bill

parts of a ford contour. they are built on the same platforms

Unfortunately that wasn't a very good car either. They didn't build the cougar, contour or Mercury mystique very long because of transmission and electrical problems