Can you please help me figure the problem out?

10

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 01:12 AM about the 2000 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

So I've owned my 2000 Mercury Cougar for about 6 months now. My mom & sister got it
for me from a private dealer; when we first got it, it was really shakin when we'd get up to
70mph figured out it was the CVS Joint got it fixed.. later on it start shaking again when
we'd slow down & also hear a ticking noise coming from the left rear side.. We have no
idea where it's coming from?? the coolant light comes on every once in awhile too!

73,995

Sounds like a bad tire or maybe a bent wheel. Try having the tires balanced. If they're over 5 years old I'd replace them. When they balance the tires tell them to check the wheels for damage. Is the coolant really low when the light comes on? Or is it a false alarm? If you are adding coolant more that 2 or 3 times per year you have a leak that needs to be addressed. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

Thank you very much.. (: we found out what it was its that little rubber thing that's by the tires! Not sure what its called.. Would you happen to know?

73,995

If it's where you put the air into the tire it's called the valve stem. Thank you for the best answer click. -Jim