How can i fix my problem with my car. When im driving on the highway my car starts to jerk . I took it to auto zone and they check it it was my range censour i had it replace but its still doing the same thing on the highway. I check all the fluids and it's all ok but the jerking still continues can anyone help me.

5

Asked by Mar 16, 2012 at 08:27 PM about the 2000 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

495

Sounds like a transmission issue to me, my family owned a mini van that did that for years, the dealer and the shops all figured out it was the transmission, but couldn't seem to find a fix. But I would recommend taking it to a ford dealer and explaining this to them, they should have the proper equipment to make a diagnosis

190

Perform a good tune-up with new spark plugs and wires. If your vehicle does not use spark plug wires then you may have a bad ignition coil on one of the cylinders. 9 times out of 10 that will cure the bucking your feeling while driving. Otherwise it is time for a test drive with a professional mechanic who can fix it properly.

good chance the fuel pump is going bad & pump filter clogged that is attached inside the gas tank. there was a recall on fuel pump that is no longer honored by mercury.