Rubbing Noise in Right Front Tire

55

Asked by May 31, 2017 at 10:47 AM about the 2002 Mercury Sable LS

I recently put two new tires on the front end and had a 4 tire alignment done on my car and now I am hearing this rubbing noise coming from the right front tire.  Any ideas what I should be looking at/for to determine what might be rubbing?  The tech that did the alignment said that the right front tire would not go completely straight and the only way to fix that would be to drill it all out and then re-weld it all back together.  

2,295

Have a friend drive your car slowly in a right or left turn in a wide open area (like a mall).....and you have a bright flash light to see and hear where the actual contact is. Make a video of this as well with ur I phone Then go to a certified shop (Thru AAA my suggestion) and show the video to get a second opinion

55

Any idea as to what might be rubbing or could it be almost anything?

2,295

Most of the time it is an over-sized tire, or not conforming to original spec tire that rubs against the inner front quarter panel. But I would really like to see that car moving and hear it at the same time

55

So I tested it in my parking garage at the office this morning and it only makes noise driving straight or turning right and it's nice and quiet when I turn left. I tried to capture a video but it didn't come out so I will try and do that again

2,295

And is the noise from front left or front right side? Windows open of course

55

The right front tire area and I can feel it in the gas pedal

2,295

If you hear a sound like "stepping on wood" kinda noise, it is the ball joints. If u hear a broken clunking noise, when u go over bumps or rough road its the sway bar links

2,295

Sway bar links are an easy repair even though u may not have a garage

2,295

Sway bar bushings maybe a real bear