My power windows and dome light just went out and I changed 1 Foab-14b192-AA a D checked the ib

330

Asked by Dec 28, 2015 at 03:13 PM about the 2002 Mercury Sable LS Premium Sedan FWD

The mirrors light,dome light, power windows  all went out at same time,
changed #1 relay FOAB,CHECKED 27 fuse,door wires in side door and still no
working, no sounds ,but did hear clicking under dash ,has disabled pedals ,I am
a disabled Fireman please need help.

10,265

fuses 11,27,38 all feed the gem module that controls the lights and window functions. The generic electronic module (gem) can be tested with the Ford diagnostic computer. The gem handles a most of the body control functions and can make a car do some weird things when it isn't happy.

Just an image if what Guy is saying. click for full screen

330

Just checked all those and even my fog lamps are out any other suggestions. 1# top of fuse box .help

330

Non working all fuses good 27,38,11,checked wires in door.changed the #1 FOAB- FUSE WAS GOOD! WTF

10,265

Do you have power to the fuses listed in the interior fuse panel? If so then you likely have a problem with the gem module itself.

330

Thank you all for your time and going to check all the electronic Where is the GEM MODULE LOCATED. YOU ALL REALLY HELP MANY people. .

10,265

The gem is the interior fuse panel. It's an integrated unit. Need to know that there is power to the whole interior fuse panel, if not try re-seating all of its connectors. Some of the pins get oxidization over time and loose the ability to carry power.

Best Answer Mark helpful
10,265

Fuse #1 60amp underhood fuse panel powers a lot of the interior fuse panel.

Best Answer Mark helpful
330

My mirrors don't work either, checked everyone in junction block.WTF

10,265

Sable bjb pic

10,265

bjb fuse location

10,265

gem, interior fuse panel pic

10,265

fuse location

330

I checked every fuse inside and out ,but the bigger ones FOAB,WILL CHECK THE 5 OTHER and 2 green ones,my back is fried now.thank you all so much,never great with electronic and wires.

10,265

The ones that you are calling FOAB are relays. The foab is the start of the part number.

10,265

The green 40 amp ones are the rear defrost and blower motor fuses. f2.07 f2.08 on the chart gem fuse location chart above.

330

Got l the fog lamps on after changing the 2 green gem. Yea ! Still no windows, mirror lights,dome light, mirror won't go ,automatic any one know. 3 relays to check

40

I have a problem with the inner light and the windows of the car with a fake contact and stop working the moment, the light goes off and the windows do not rise or fall

40

My dashboard light is nkt coming on I changed my bulbs and I checked the fuses nothing is working can somebody help me

40

My dashboard light in my 02 ford taurus is not coming on I changed my bulbs and I checked the fuses nothing is working can somebody help me

all windows work but the drivers window changed relay worked onetime and stopped

My windows wont do anything I cheaked all fuses but got no power at switches any suggestions