my 2003 mercury sable wagon transmission warning light goes on after driving for 20 miles
i just bought a 2003 mercury sable wagon who's pervious owner told me he thinks the
wrong transmission fluid was added last time he serviced it and after driving for a few
miles (enough to heat the fluid) the yellow flashing warning light goes on and stays on
until you turn the engine off. will flushing out the trans fluid and adding the correcdt fluid
solve this problem?
Definitely a trans issue. It could be low/wrong fluid, but could be much worse. Have a mechanic inspect it for you, get multiple estimates. Since the light is flashing there should be some stored codes in the system. Worse case is something internal to the trans is faulty.
Follow Tom's advice.
Search Mercury Sable Questions
Mercury Sable Experts
Related Models For Sale