2003 Mercury sable stalls under slight load (going uphill) turn on air conditioning, car shakes and misses very bad and dies. What is a good course of action?

Asked by Mar 12, 2016 at 12:30 PM about the 2003 Mercury Sable LS

I have replace the pvc valve, repaired vacuum hoses to throttle body. Nothing
is obviously wrong by visual inspection. What would cause the drastic change
when air conditioner is turn on and making the condition worse? Makes me
think electrical.

105,485

Have you checked and cleaned the throttle body and the ISC unit and ports? You should also run a code check, it is possible that the ECM is not getting any ON commands from A/C or PSPS or any other demand units. If no codes are found and cleaning the above control units then I would recommend a 'live data" test be preformed, that way the tech can actually watch the system during actual operations and failures. HTH

Thank you tennis shoes, more to my efforst: I had a code found po191, after reading and replacing the fuel sensor located front top left prior to the fuel rail it is better (has more power) still misses, less now than before, with the warmer weather I drove it and turned on the ac, this drastically increased the miss. Reading your above comments ( not getting ac or psps commands) believe there is something with that. Replacing the fuel regulator/sensor did make the engine light go out. Still in need of a solution.

105,485

Ok when was it's last good tune up, it could be plugs or wires breaking down under load, you should run a good injector cleaner in the fuel tank, I use Techron in both my rigs. I have been sold on that stuff for over 19 years after it fixed an injector problem on my Tahoe that had a Vortec in it.