Is a Hybrid a good choice for commute of 100 round trip per day? I put approx 25,000 miles on my car per year.

Asked by Jan 09, 2014 at 10:13 AM about the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid FWD

Thinking about buying a 2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid but will put a lot of miles on it over the
next 4 - 5 years.

21,775

Yes they are excellent. My daughter bought anew Toyota camry hybrid and she averages 40mpg. If she runs 45mph or lower it uses no gas at all.

21,775

Go with a Toyota. Ford does not get the mileage they advertise. I am a ford man at heart but when it comes to hybrid Toyota can't be beat.

Interesting. I have read articles that the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid blows Toyota Camry out of the water with MPG averages and of course is a more luxurious car. Now that may be for city driving but I will be traveling hwy miles at about 70MPH for my 100 mile round trip commute. So will a Camry Hybrid save gas using it this way? Thanks for your recommendations. The Prius is just too uncomfortable a ride for the amount of driving I do. Please note that I am coming off a CTS that has an incredibly comfortable drive.

21,775

Ford in several lawsuits over advertising 40 + MPG and only getting 30-31. Yes they will still average in the high 30's.

Best Answer Mark helpful

And will a Toyota be about the same MPG for Hwy driving. I test drove the 2011 MKZ Hybrid and it was really nice but just around town not on the hwy. If MPG Hwy driving is the same for either car then it shouldn't make a difference? Or should I just go with a regular car that gets pretty good gas mileage and forget the Hybrid all together. You folks are being so helpful. Thanks!!

21,775

Go with camry xle that is loaded. My daughter drives it every day and is happy as can be. Back up camera,leather,sunroof.

Best Answer Mark helpful
21,775

You will definitely get better mileage with the Toyota hybrid.They have had it out longer and perfected the system better than most all other makes.

Best Answer Mark helpful

You are right about the MKZ Hybrid and lawsuits against Ford regarding their proclaimed MPG. I just googled it. Looks like I will be test driving a Camry and see if it works for me. Thanks again for your input and insight.

21,775

glad to help

285

Yes you might try the Toyota Prius , or the Honda Civic see what type of warranty you can get on the Battery......

26,855

I see that some people above recommended the Camry Hybrids, nice car! But, if you're interested in savings, the Prius is your best bet! 45 to 50 miles per gallon consistently and just keep this in mind, other hybrid cars had an electric motor thrown in, but, the Prius was built as a Hybrid car from the ground up. It is a very high tech car, period. And, it's very roomy on the inside, a pleasant surprise that it has a very comfortable back seat and when the seats are folded down you can carry a lot of gear even in the regular sedan. By the way, forget the C. Go for the regular version or the V.