My 1991 mazda navajo wont start

Asked by Jun 01, 2016 at 02:48 PM about the 1991 Mazda Navajo 2 Dr STD 4WD SUV

I have recently replaced my altanator battery and negative terminal. I bought
all parts brand new. Now when i try to start it it just clicks like theres no power
but wont turn over. I also checked all of my fuses. They all seemed fine. Why
wont it start????

20

No Power?? Is there interior lights?? Possible starter failure. If you have power elsewhere and battery is ok and you can here a click that means that your ignition is doing it's job.

Well when I turn my key my dash lights come on and it dings it but when I try to start it it just clicks

20

My guess without being able to test anything myself would be a starter failure. Sometimes if you tap on the starter with a hammer you can get lucky and get one last start out of it, if that in fact is you issue. if you can get at it and remove the starter many parts stores are able to test them out of the vehicle to confirm.

Ugh OK! Thank you so much. You're input is much appreciated :-)