brake warning light comes on when applying brakes?

Asked by Mar 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM about the 1991 Mazda MPV 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

When I apply the brakes the brake warning light on the dash is coming on?  What could be the problem?  I have had the vehicle in for regular service.  Thanks.

Dear gallorn1-- First, the problem with your Mazda MPV may be just a faulty sensor. But how can you tell? You don't want to be fooling with a brake problem so I would suggest consultation with a trained mechanic. He can hook your car up to a diagnostic computer. Once the warning light has been rulkes out as the problem, he will look for sources of brake fluid leakage, he will check the master cylinder, he will check hoses and the power booster. Have it looked at soon. Good luck from Bovan.