Turn Signal Activating Cruise

30

Asked by May 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM about the 1992 Mazda 626 DX

Just finished doing some work on my car, and after putting everything back in I noticed
that when using my turn signal it activates my cruise along with it. On top of that it
messes with my gauges, either causing my rpms to appear to fluctuate or my fuel gauge
to drop. I'd appreciate any information that might help me fix this problem, thanks.

10,045

Now first ,what did you work on>?

30

I pulled my transmission and replaced my torque converter seal. I've been focusing my search on connections to the transmission, thinking I might have missed something or left something loose, but haven't found anything yet.

10,045

From your post,there has to be a wire some where that is ether pinched and grounded or shorting out.Double check it,it,s there some where.

Best Answer Mark helpful
30

I found it. For anyone interested, it was my ground going to a bracket that holds my cables up and away from the transmission. The bracket and ground connection point were covered in grime and loose. So I cleaned them up, tightened it down, and the problem seems to be gone. Thanks, Shade.

10,045

Good for you, ; )

122,795

Good for you too TST.

17,695

Kudos Mark