How to fix overheating problem

45

Asked by Nov 06, 2007 at 10:16 PM about the 1994 Mazda 626 LX V6

I have a 1994 Mazda 626 V6, it has an over heating problem, I have changed the thermostat and noticed the fan is not starting, how do I hook it up or solve the problem, Please

42,585

A few suggestions: Remove and test the coolant temperature sensor. If this is defective it will not cause the fan to turn on. Check the fan relay and replace as needed. And finally, check the fan itself. This is the least common cause but it is possible that the fan motor has packed it in and won't work.

Best Answer
45

I have been told it is easy enough to hook the fan up to the egnition key, if I found out how to do this would it fix the over eating problem

45

Sorry I meant over Heating problem not over eating

42,585

See my email to you about this subject. I can't help with your over eating problem but I would recommend against hotwiring the key to the ignition. It may or may not help the overheating problem. :)

what you have to do is isolate the cooling system inside the engine bay, by bypassing the heater elemeant that goes inside the cab going through the engine wall, you will see two hoses going into the back part off your engine bay under your windscreen, these hoses must be taken off, then get a circluar bit of tubed steel the same size as you radiator steel pipes, roughly a 1/2 inch pipe and join those two hoses together, this will bypass your heater in summer allowing more water to be radiated faster per cycle

make the fan direct i.e when you start the car the fan starts, I was having the same problem and now it is being resolved