2003 buick century no power to fuel pump. Cranks no start

Asked by Azcanyoneer Dec 03, 2019 at 08:42 PM about the 2003 Buick Century Custom Sedan FWD

I have a 2003 Buick century that was running fine. Parked in front of the house and wouldn't start later.  I have no power to fuel pump relay.  I have already tested every fuse and relay I could find.  I was able to jump the relay and get the car to start and run.  Could this be a security device issue? Any help would be appreciated

130

Security system on a 2003 Buick Century? LOL. How is the alternator have you checked it lately? Do the lights flicker when you try to start it? Start there.

Jon, Security system....um yes, it has a resister in the ignition key. These will normally keep the engine from cranking over if damaged or absent, I've had to bypass some to get a car to start but I have never had one stop a relay for the fuel pump before. I read in other threads that this could be a possible cause but never saw a resolution. As to your alternator suggestion, if the battery is fully charged, what would the alternator do to keep the computer from sending a signal to the fuel pump relay on start?